The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) estimates organizations lose 5% of their gross revenue to fraud, waste, and abuse annually. Fraud takes many forms, but generally falls into three broad categories:
- Asset Misappropriation – theft of cash, inventory or other organization assets
- Corruption – use of a position of power to obtain bribes or other inappropriate income or benefits
- Financial Statement Fraud – intentional manipulation of financial reporting to carry out fraudulent schemes
REDW has a significant history of performing fraud examination services for both private and government organizations. Our professionals have experience performing thorough analyses of indicators and allegations of fraud. We respect client concerns and conduct examinations in a discreet manner to minimize the disruption of operations.
REDW’s professional staff providing fraud examination and financial forensics services have obtained specialized training and credentials, including:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA) granted by the Institute for Internal Controls
REDW’s professionals are prepared to address a variety of potential fraud schemes, provide your organization with direction on strengthening controls, and support your efforts to pursue criminal and civil remedies.